The Council of Agency Executives
Welcome! The Council of Agency Executives is a membership association for leaders of nonprofit organizations the Greater Rochester area of Upstate New York. We provide many member benefits, including networking opportunities, education, information, inspiration and support to the nonprofit executive who strives to lead with excellence.
Programs often feature community leaders, experts, and our members as presenters.
Please look through these pages to learn more about us.
2019 - 2020 Programs:
- Wednesday, September 11, 2019: 8 am Breakfast with Kate Breslin of the Schuyler Center for Analysis and Advocacy
- Thursday, October 10, 2019: Lunch & Learn on Cultural Competency
- Thursday, November 14, 2019: 8am Breakfast on Social Determinants of Health
- Thursday, december 12, 2019: CEO/ED networking and table topic conversations.
Monthly programs for CEOs/EDs are normally held at the Red Cross, either for breakfast or lunch. We also have several affinity networking groups for CEOs and/or staff (see below)
- Wednesday, September 12, 2018, Luncheon: COAE & NYCON: Together Is Better!
- Thursday, October 11, 2018, Breakfast: Succession Stories
- Thursday, November 8, 2018: CEOs & Board Leaders
- Thursday, December 13, 2018: Roundtable lunch
- Thursday, January 10, 2019, Breakfast: Building an Inclusive Leadership Team & Board
- Thursday, February 14, 2019, CEO Lunch & Learn: RMAPI updates
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019, CEO Lunch & Learn with Congressman Joe Morelle
- Thursday, April 11, 2019, CEO Lunch & Learn: Racial Equity & Justice
- Thursday, May 9, 2019, Breakfast program on Workplace Dynamics
- Friday June 21, 2019, Annual Meeting & Awards Breakfast at Irondequoit Country Club
AFFINITY NETWORKING GROUPS FOR CEO/EDs:
- Newer ED Group
- Smaller Org ED Group
AFFINITY NETWORKING GROUPS FOR STAFF and/or EDs:
- HR Group
- CFO Group
- COO Group
- Compliance Officers
NOT A MEMBER? Call 585.301.8383 or email email@example.com for information about attending an upcoming program as a guest.
- Congressman Joe Morelle
- Building and Inclusive Leadership Team
- Mergers and Partnerships
- Bill Carpenter/RTS
- Jaime Saunders/United Way
- CEOs as Chief Communications Officers with Todd Butler
- Top 10 Things You Should Know About the Non-Profit Revitalization Act (NPRA) with Joe Casion
- Updage on Nonprofit Tax Issues & Financial Reporting with Nancy Snyder
- Trauma Informed Care with Dr. Elizabeth MeekerRochester Monroe County Poverty Initiative (RMAPI)
- Greater Rochester Health Foundation
- RocCity Coalition - Attracting & retaining young professionals
- CEOs & Board Chair Relations
- Dr. Tim Kneeland/Persepctives on the election
- Corinda Crossdale/Dept for Human Services
- County Executive Cheryl Dinolfo
- Wade Norwood reviewing the NYS Budget
- Kim VanCamp and Dr. Don Kamin on the NYS Judicial System