The Council of Agency Executives
Welcome! The Council of Agency Executives is a membership association for leaders of nonprofit organizations the Greater Rochester area of Upstate New York. We provide many member benefits, including networking opportunities, education, information, inspiration and support to the nonprofit executive who strives to lead with excellence.
Programs often feature community leaders, experts, and our members as presenters.
Please look through these pages to learn more about us.
SAVE THE DATE FOR OUR ANNUAL MEETING & AWARDS BREAKFAST, THURSDAY DECEMBER 10, 2020
All in-person meetings are currently on-hold.
- Wednesday, September 11, 2019: 8 am Breakfast with Kate Breslin of the Schuyler Center for Analysis and Advocacy
- Thursday, October 10, 2019: Lunch & Learn on Cultural Competency
- Thursday, November 14, 2019: 8am Breakfast on Social Determinants of Health
- Thursday, December 12, 2019: CEO/ED networking and table topic conversations.
- Thursday, January 23, 2020: CEO/ED Lunch & Learn with Adam Bello
- Thursday, February 13, 2020: CEO/ED Lunch & Learn with Dr. Michael Mendoza
- Thursday, March 12, 2020: Breakfast programon Organizational Excellence with Dr. Terry Callanan
- Wednesday, September 12, 2018, Luncheon: COAE & NYCON: Together Is Better!
- Thursday, October 11, 2018, Breakfast: Succession Stories
- Thursday, November 8, 2018: CEOs & Board Leaders
- Thursday, December 13, 2018: Roundtable lunch
- Thursday, January 10, 2019, Breakfast: Building an Inclusive Leadership Team & Board
- Thursday, February 14, 2019, CEO Lunch & Learn: RMAPI updates
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019, CEO Lunch & Learn with Congressman Joe Morelle
- Thursday, April 11, 2019, CEO Lunch & Learn: Racial Equity & Justice
- Thursday, May 9, 2019, Breakfast program on Workplace Dynamics
- Friday June 21, 2019, Annual Meeting & Awards Breakfast at Irondequoit Country Club
AFFINITY NETWORKING GROUPS FOR CEO/EDs:
- Newer ED Group
- Smaller Org ED Group
AFFINITY NETWORKING GROUPS FOR STAFF and/or EDs:
- HR Group
- CFO Group
- COO Group
- Compliance Officers
NOT A MEMBER? Call 585.301.8383 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about attending an upcoming program as a guest.
- Building an Inclusive Leadership Team
- CEOs & Board Chair Relations
- CEOs as Chief Communications Officers
- Congressman Joe Morelle
- Corinda Crossdale/Dept for Human Services
- County Executive Cheryl Dinolfo
- Dr. Tim Kneeland/Perspectives on the election
- Greater Rochester Health Foundation
- Jaime Saunders/United Way
- Mergers and Partnerships
- Non-Profit Revitalization Act (NPRA): The Top 10 Things You Should Know
- Nonprofit Tax Issues & Financial Reporting
- NYS Budgets
- NYS Judicial System
- RocCity Coalition - Attracting & Retaining Young Professionals
- Rochester Monroe County Poverty Initiative (RMAPI)
- Rochester Transportation System (RTS)with Bill Carpenter
- Trauma Informed Care